See Sheikhy Notes academy for madrasa, hijamma/cupping, Sheikhy notes publications and knowledge lessons
Email sheikhynotescharity@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Commentary on the Quranic verse, “Remember me; I shall remember you.”



Commentary on the Quranic verse, “Remember me; I shall remember you.”

From Tafsir Al-Khateeb Al-Sharbini also known Al-Siraj Al-Munir fi Al-‘Ianat ‘ala Ma’rifah ba’d Ma’ani kalam Rubbuna Al-Hakim Al-Khabir

By Sheikh Muhammad ibn Ahmed Al-Khateeb Al-Sharbini Al-Misri (977 h) p.119/120.


Commentary on the Quranic verse, “Remember me; I shall remember you.
Surah Al-Baqarah 2:152.

“Remember me,” by acts of obedience like prayer and magnification, “I shall remember you,” Ibn ‘Abbas said by his support and Sa’id ibn Jubair said by his forgiveness. It was stated, “Remember me in blessing and affluence and I shall remember in difficult and tribulation.” As is stated by the Exalted, “And had he not been one of those who glorifiers; He would have tarried in its belly till the day when they are raised.” (Surah As-Safah 37:143-144.) 

In a divine hadith Allah, the Exalted, states, “Allah (The Exalted) said I am affirm my servants opinion of me; therefore I am with him when he remembers me; if he mentions me to himself; I mention him to myself; if he mentions me to a gathering; I mention him in a better gathering. If he approaches to the extent of a hand span; I approach him to the extent of a cubit; if he approaches me the extent of a cubit; I approach him walking and he comes to me walking, I approaching him rapidly.” (Bukhari 7405 and Muslim 2675) 

In another narration the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bestow peace and blessings upon him) said, “Allah, the Exalted, said, “O son of Adam if you mention me in yourself and I shall mention you to myself. If you mention me in a gathering I mention you in gathering better than it. If you approach me a hand span I approach him a cubit. If you approach me by a cubit then I approach him walking. If he walks to me then I approach him rapidly. If he asks me I give. If he does not ask me then I am angry with him.” (‘Abdurrazak in Al-Musanaf 20575).  

In a narration the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bestow peace and blessings upon him) said, “Allah, Mighty and Majestic, said, “I am with my servant when he mentions me and when he moves his lips.” (Al-Bukhari and Ibn Majah 3792). 

In a narration a bedouin came to the Prophet (may Allah bestow peace and blessings upon him) and asked, ‘O Messenger of Allah which is the most virtuous action?’ He replied, “To leave the world whilst your tongue is moist with the remembrance of Allah.” (At-Tirmidhi 3375 and Ibn Majah 3793). 


No comments:

Post a Comment